6.9 idi CPR

Mud2moab
Hello,
My name is Troy
I'm from deep east Texas
I have just recently drug a 1986 6.9IDI 3/4 ton 2wd from a field.
I plan on reviving it and building a flat dump bed for it.
I am planning on going through the IPit is very  gummed up.
Does anyone know where I can download a free service manual?
Redheads are Rose's from GOD

Re: 6.9 idi CPR

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome, Troy!  Glad you joined.

What part of east Tejas?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) and can add you with a city or zip.

Tell us about your handle?  Have you been to Moab?  I'm headed there in June with Big Blue.

As for a free service manual, I doubt you'll find a complete one for free as several companies are licensed by Ford to reproduce them.  But we have many of the sections thereof scattered about this site, so most of what you need is buried herein.  Just ask and we'll point you to where they are.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Re: 6.9 idi CPR

Mud2moab
Gary,
I'm not very computer savvy especially with the forums.
I can't even find my way back to the profile page to make changes.

I have got myself in a bind.
I disassembled my IP due to heavy thick build-up. Now I'm not to sure on what all needs timed.
That is why I am hunting a service manual.

I have been to Moab a lot I have a couple of ls3 built jeeps.
Redheads are Rose's from GOD

Re: 6.9 idi CPR

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Then you need the IDI section of the service manual, which you will find at our page at Documentation/Engines/IDI Diesel.  You'll find illustrations, specifications, the shop manual section, and even a tab on timing.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Re: 6.9 idi CPR

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona

Re: 6.9 idi CPR

ArdWrknTrk
Link:
 https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/idi-diesel.html

And, Welcome Troy!

We're here to help. 👍
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.

Re: 6.9 idi CPR

Rockhauler
Hi Troy, if you took the injection pump apart this manual from Stanadyne might be of some help.

https://www.stanadyne.com/dealerportal/ssi/english/Product%20Manual/99009.pdf

Also search for Stanadyne DB pump rebuilds on youtube.

Paul
Paul
1930 Ford Coupe basketcase
1985 F250 Ext Cab Lariat 6.9 diesel 4 speed
1986 F150 Ext Cab short box Lariat 4x4 300 6cyl 4 speed with overdrive

Re: 6.9 idi CPR

Mud2moab
I finished the pump reinstalled it on Sunday.
I now have fuel to all of the injectors, still no fire, not even with a gas soaked rag.
Pulled and checked the gp's today all good.
Planning on a compression test next.

Thanks for the pump manual link.
Redheads are Rose's from GOD

Re: 6.9 idi CPR

Mud2moab
Gary,
I've been trying to add to my profile, but I can't find the link anywhere.
Redheads are Rose's from GOD

Re: 6.9 idi CPR

Mud2moab
Thank you
Redheads are Rose's from GOD

Re: 6.9 idi CPR

ArdWrknTrk
Area Diesel Service has some detailed pump rebuilds too...