Need Advice on Valve Cover

Re: Need Advice on Valve Cover

AmericanSavage
OK, back to regular programming:  Good news and bad news.  I think the general turnout of the cover turned out well fabulous.  Thank you for all the input and advice.

However, I think the paint I worked with and my application to highlight the Ford part stinks.  It ran a bit and the imprecision of the lines bothers me. So anyway, 1 thing good, and another not so much.

1980 Ford XLT F350
400 Engine (rebuilt to 406)
Holley 2300 500 CFM manual Choke Carb
Under Restore (1st time)

Re: Need Advice on Valve Cover

viven44
Thank you. Appreciate it. Looks like you have a done a lot of work to your truck as well in the rust department, very nice!!

About that ford logo, once I painted the letters on a tailgate with white paint, it didn't turn out well. I then decided to buff it with a 600 grit sandpaper and that made it obtain a whitewash finish and also knocked out the rough paint edges. It worked out super good!!
Vivek

- 'Big Blue 2WD' - 1984 F350 RWD 460/C6
- 1978 Bronco with the heart of a 1986 F250 Bullnose - under restoration
- "Bonded Bronco" -1985 Bronco - 302 4-speed fuel injected, Hibernating future project

Re: Need Advice on Valve Cover

AmericanSavage
viven44 wrote
Thank you. Appreciate it. Looks like you have a done a lot of work to your truck as well in the rust department, very nice!!

About that ford logo, once I painted the letters on a tailgate with white paint, it didn't turn out well. I then decided to buff it with a 600 grit sandpaper and that made it obtain a whitewash finish and also knocked out the rough paint edges. It worked out super good!!
Oh I am going to consider this....thank you, and thank you for the tip!
Under Restore (1st time)

Re: Need Advice on Valve Cover

AmericanSavage
On painting cover letters.  I think the Ford emblem is too small for this, but, paiting the letters, then taping off and using Xacto knife, can produce things like this on large letters:

1980 Ford XLT F350
400 Engine (rebuilt to 406)
Holley 2300 500 CFM manual Choke Carb
Under Restore (1st time)

Re: Need Advice on Valve Cover

85lebaront2
Administrator
Beautiful job! 312 Y-block perchance?
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Re: Need Advice on Valve Cover

AmericanSavage
85lebaront2 wrote
Beautiful job! 312 Y-block perchance?
That was not me but another talented guy:  here is the link!

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/painting-those-raised-letter-valve-covers.300930/

1980 Ford XLT F350
400 Engine (rebuilt to 406)
Holley 2300 500 CFM manual Choke Carb