Fuel gauge not working-again

Re: Fuel gauge not working-again

Ifitaintbroke
Oh. Should've  been able to figure that out. I'm having some density issues today. Must be the eclipse.
Bradley
86 f250 supercab longbed, 4x4, 460 bored to 472 cubes, ported heads, ARP rod bolts, EFI pistons, 5.08/5.41 lift 114° lobe separation flat tappet cam, notched lifters, Smith Brothers pushrods, stock rockers, Eddy Performer intake, Holley 1850 or 3310 depending on mood, custom curved points dizzy, MSD analog 6al triggered by Pertronix module, zf5 swap, 3g alternator, custom instrument cluster, dual tanks with 38 Gal rear for 57 Gal of fuel capacity, far too much more to mention.

98 Ranger standard cab, rwd, 5-speed, 2.5L, glass pack muffler, dual plugs wired to fire at the same time, coming up on 300,000 miles before too long.

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.

Re: Fuel gauge not working-again

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
It got a little dusky here in CT around 3.

Don't worry, you're doing fine.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.

South Georgia.

Re: Fuel gauge not working-again

ArdWrknTrk
Ifitaintbroke wrote
One thought on these senders, the longest you can get them is 11". The rear tank is deeper than that at all points as far as I can tell. If the  bottom of the sender was say, 1" above the floater of the tank, all that would mean is that I would have a small reserve of fuel after the gauge reads empty- and I'm fine with that.
You can still get the pickup to sit in the well, right?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.

South Georgia.

Re: Fuel gauge not working-again

viven44
Is there no way to re-use the existing sending unit hole ? Wondering if all you need is to cut a piece of sheet metal in the shape of a circle use the locking-retainer thingy to hold it..
Vivek

- 'Big Blue 2WD' - 1984 F350 RWD 460/C6
- 1978 Bronco with the heart of a 1986 F250 Bullnose - under restoration
- "Bonded Bronco" -1985 Bronco - 302 4-speed fuel injected, Hibernating future project

Re: Fuel gauge not working-again

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Just use the bung from the old one.  💡
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.

Re: Fuel gauge not working-again

viven44
Well never mind.. I forgot for a moment the Reed fuel sender is a sender only... still needs the old "sucker" installed. Needs 2 holes in the tank. Better be a damn good sender !!
Vivek

- 'Big Blue 2WD' - 1984 F350 RWD 460/C6
- 1978 Bronco with the heart of a 1986 F250 Bullnose - under restoration
- "Bonded Bronco" -1985 Bronco - 302 4-speed fuel injected, Hibernating future project

Re: Fuel gauge not working-again

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Link?

South Georgia.

Re: Fuel gauge not working-again

ArdWrknTrk
I was in excruciating pain last night.
I asked without bothering to look.

Appreciate the info, Vivek
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
12345